Grilled Vegetable Sandwich (Basil Asiago Artisan Bread, fresh Mushrooms, Red Peppers, Zucchini, Tomato, Watercress, Cheese, and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto) with French Fries from Backlot Express located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Thursday, May 29, 2014
Kitchen Sink from the Beaches & Cream Soda Shop located in Disney’s Beach Club resort as by request by umichan90.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Monday, May 26, 2014
Captain’s Seaside Sensation: Pineapple Smoothie with a shot of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum from BoardWalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas located on Disney’s Boardwalk.
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Saturday, May 24, 2014
Pork and Apple Sausage Roll with House-made Piccalilli, Cotswolds Cheddar with honey and onion jam, and a Scotch Egg with mustard available during Epcot’s After Hours Wind Down at the Rose & Crown Pub located in the UK pavilion in Epcot.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Have you ever tried Tonga Toast, which can be found at the Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Resort?
Tonga Toast is a classic, as it has been served at the Polynesian since 1971. It's sourdough bread, stuffed with banana and deep fried.
It's served with a delicious Stawberry Compote.
I first had this delicious entree almost 20 years ago, and I've only had it twice, mostly because it's a bit of a trip to get to the Poly for breakfast, but we may have to put it into regular rotation.
The recipe from Magical Recipes:
- 2 or 4 slices sourdough bread, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- oil or shortening for frying
- whipped butter and/or syrup
- 10 large strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut a 1-inch pocket in one side of each bread slice.
- Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise.
- Remove peel and stuff 2 pieces of fruit in each pocket of bread; set aside.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Mix well the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350 degrees F.
- Dip stuffed bread into egg/milk mixture and let it soak a few seconds to let penetrate bread.
- Fry bread on both sides in hot oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels or wire rack.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve.
- Slice 6 strawberries and place in small pot.
- Add sugar and vanilla, stir.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until mixtures starts to boil.
- Place 4 sliced strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Add cooked strawberry mixture and blend until smooth.
- Serve warm or cold.
Lemon blast cupcake from Sunshine Seasons located in the Land pavilion in Epcot.
Friday, May 16, 2014
Disney's Animal Kingdom has just opened, and you are rushing to get on Kilimanjaro Safaris, but your party of adventurers is hungry.
Luckily there is a spot to get a quick bite. Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery is located steps away from the entrance of Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Sunday, May 11, 2014
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Pineapple soft serve with Myers’s dark rum (Spiked dole whip) from Pineapple Promenade near the Canada pavilion available during the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Hanami sushi – combination of salmon, scallop and beef-topped rice balls served atop a shiso violet sauce from Hanami located in the Japan Pavilion available during the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival. (Forgive the water, it was raining)
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Temaki hand roll – Sliced Panko fried chicken, curry sauce, rice and pickled julienne carrots wrapped with Nori from Hanami located in the Japan Pavilion available during the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival.